Friday, September 4, 2009

Bits and Pieces - Food and Such


I love Chowking's hot naicha! This hot, milky goodness can be had for only twenty six bucks per cup! I think hot naicha tastes like tea gelatin, the one that comes with a Terriyaki Boy chibi meal. So good! I always order a chibi meal at Terriyaki Boy just to eat the tea gelatin that comes with it. I don't drink tea, however.


I discovered a new treat - flour tortilla sandwiches. The best filing for me so far is cream cheese spread. Tortilla is so good;
I love its fresh, floury taste! It goes great with soups also. I think that this versatile bread would also taste great as a dessert. Just put a few pieces of chocolate chips on a tortilla, fold up, and heat both sides on a pan. Serve drizzled with chocolate syrup and a dollop of whipped cream as an accompaniment to a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum!

Well, what do you know... after a long period of sickness before the current semester started, I got sick again! This time, its bad colds with a bit of fever and muscle pain that has put a strain on my wallet with all those cab rides. There's something about colds that makes a person want to skip taking the train, yes? Luckily, my boss introduced me to a new brand of lozenges which I think is more effective than the usual Strepsils. Unique name? It was developed for fishermen in Iceland, and I bet fishermen in Iceland do get sore throats and colds often.

Did you know that egg and olive oil are supposedly good for the hair? I've read in a magazine that a great way to have a hot oil treatment au naturelle is to mix an egg with a half cup of EVOO. Massage onto just-shampooed hair, leave for twenty to thirty minutes in a shower cap, massage some more, shampoo, rinse and dry. Hmmm. Makes me wonder: will using a head steamer during the twenty to thirty minute period leave my hair smelling like an egg salad?