Saturday, April 17, 2010

Mystic Pizza Movie


This twenty-two year-old movie sort of depressed me. Its about the lives of less advantaged girls of Portuguese descent, coming of age in a world full of clashing personalities and interests. I'm just glad that these same girls - or similar ones - lived to see the change that modern times brought. Now, even the American president is of African descent. The world we now have is one full of possibilities and opportunities for everyone - the internet made that possible, I guess. Times have changed, and its a matter of curious interest for me to watch girls growing up in an age that's different from mine. Still, it was a nice watch. Moral of the story to me? Don't box yourself in the same small town where you grew up. If only these girls knew... life could get better for a Portuguese waitress in a pizza parlor.